Monday, April 2, 2012

A THOUGHT ON GOD'S HOLINESS


When God called Moses from the burning bush, He required him to remove his sandals because the ground where he was standing was holy. What made it holy? Was it the absence of dirt or mud in the area? Probably not, but it was declared holy because the presence of God was upon that spot. The presence of the holy God makes the dirtiest area holy. When this principle is applied in my life, then it makes sense to me when God said, “YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY” (1 Pet. 1:16 NASB). Living in the midst of a fallen world, it is impossible to be holy by becoming totally uncontaminated by sin; however, it is possible to become holy because God has already been dwelling in me through the Holy Spirit. The absence of sin in me will not make me holy. It is the presence of God that will declare me holy; and, in that way, He positioned me to be continually holy by keeping myself from being contaminated by those things that will desecrate His presence in me. 
The challenge for all believers then is not on the issue of how to become, but on how to keep oneself always holy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment